Monday, November 24, 2008

"Green World" a No No

For the first time this semester, I do not know what to discuss about chapter 14 of
Barker.

The one item that caught my eye is on page 467 is the question "Can we describe the
Green movement as a New Social Movement?" I believe we can.... The 'Green
Movement' is occuring more rapidly due to knowledge of the damages we as society are
causing. However, I think in the midst of awareness, I believe we are still causing more
damage. The news travels by waves to our radios, by cords and plugs to our televisions
or by paper through the papers.

We are causing harm by trying to prevent it. How can we stop the issues on this earth?
There will never be a "green" world, we have become too accustomed to how we live and
are too stubborn to give up our resources.

No comments: